We are the Center for Carbon Removal
Center for Carbon Removal is a start-up non-profit tackling climate change from a new perspective: carbon removal. We unite scientists, policymakers and industry leaders to help erase our carbon footprint.
Our ambition is bold
Our mission is to accelerate the development of scalable, sustainable, economically-viable carbon removal solutions. Our goal is to halt — and then reverse — climate change by restoring atmospheric carbon dioxide concentrations to sustainable levels.
Our strategy sets us apart
A broad portfolio of potential carbon removal solutions urgently needs R&D, effective policies and regulations, and increased consumer and industry demand. We are building a technology-agnostic platform dedicated to supporting the carbon removal field. Our strategy is lean, iterative, and focused on industry and policy action.
We lead industry and policy collaborations to unlock the potential of carbon removal solutions
Our work includes:
- Conducting research and analysis to highlight opportunities and address challenges surrounding carbon removal solutions.
- Hosting events to engage public-, private-, and civil-sector organizations to accelerate the development of carbon removal solutions.
- Curating a comprehensive online hub for high-quality information and discussion about carbon removal.
Our values drive all of our actions
- Independence: our only allegiance lies with preventing climate change, and we have no agenda to advance any specific carbon removal technology; this enables us to acknowledge the limitations of specific carbon removal approaches while still finding promising opportunities for innovations across a broad portfolio of solutions.
- Sustainability and equity: carbon removal solutions must be judged on their full social and environmental impact.
- Feasibility: effective carbon removal solutions must be technically, economically, and political feasible; rigorous, comprehensive, business-minded analysis underlies all our activities to maximize our impact and ensure our recommendations are as pragmatic as possible.
- Transparency and Inclusiveness: we strive to engage and include the voices of a broad community of stakeholders involved in an open and rigorous debate on the most appropriate pathways for developing carbon removal solutions.